New Member; Slightly Interesting Anecdote

Hamilton Paranormal: Hamilton Paranormal: New Member; Slightly Interesting Anecdote

By James on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 07:55 pm:

Thanks, I agree we seem to be suffering from some pretty bad weather right now. All of that nice December weather was just a tease. :(

By George Brady on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 07:39 pm:

Hi there James.....

Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge of the region you live in.....

Thank you for posting on the board , maybe when it gets nicer out we can meet up with you and go on a investigation...:)

If you have any place that you think would be worth an investigation let us know....

Take care and please feel free to drop by anytime.....

By James on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 07:35 pm:

Quote:

Hey James...
It was great hearing stories about the two tunnels but I bet you dont know about the other two tunnels in that area, do you ?
For now the locations of the other two tunnels are under lock and key.

There are a number of tunnels in this area (many marked along the bruce trail), but the question is ...are they haunted? :) I like the two aformentioned locations for the psuedo-stories behind them.

By Chad ~SKULLY~ on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 06:50 pm:

Hey James...
It was great hearing stories about the two tunnels but I bet you dont know about the other two tunnels in that area, do you ?
For now the locations of the other two tunnels are under lock and key. :)
I dont want them over exposed like the Screaming tunnel & the BGT are now.

Chad ~SKULLY~

By James on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 04:46 pm:

Hello,

My name is James and I live in St. Catharines. I noticed this site in early October and found it to be very informative. Anyway, for anyone who lives in this region you know what I mean when I say that once you've done everything, the Niagara region is a pretty boring place to be. I'm a bit of an insomniac, so other than going to bars there isn't much to do at night (now that going to the movies costs like $15 a person). Therefore, for about a year or so now, I just drive around at night often into the early hours of the morning. I’ve pretty much seen all of this region and there are indeed some strange things. To digress a bit, in my spare time I try to restore classic cars from the 60’s and 70’s. One of the easiest places to find these locally are out in the country or the outskirts of town, specifically NOTL. One particular evening a long time ago I was out with my girlfriend of the time, and we drove down a long road with no streetlights. At the end there was what seemed to be a cave or a tunnel of some sort. It appeared very menacing and you could not see through to the other side.

Flash forward to this October. I go to Niagara College and a few of my friends were babbling about some “Screaming Tunnel”. When they described it, it donned on me that we had been there. I quickly searched for “Screaming Tunnel” on google and sure enough that was it. So naturally everyone wanted to go there, claiming they’d seen something at some point and wanted to go back on the “anniversary of the little girl’s death”. I was pretty disappointed when I got there because now there’s a streetlight almost at the base of the tunnel. Also, a film crew that would not identify themselves were filming a movie there with huge lights and other equipment that were hooked up to a deafening generator. The entire tunnel was lit up with a thousand-watt light bulb or something. Anyways it was around this time that the screaming tunnel lost its hype and we moved on to Fort George and other cheap thrills.

(Speaking of the film though, strangely enough on Halloween night I watched a cable 10 show called “Haunted Niagara” which was pretty interesting and featured what looked like the production crew from that very evening. Anyway…)

I guess that’s it. I’ve been looking forward to going to the Blue Ghost tunnel but it is way to cold out right now. I’ve got pretty much the entire Niagara Region mapped out in my head from so much driving. Down around Wainfleet and parts of Pelham there are many mysterious abandoned houses and farms. I’ve got webspace and a digital cam so maybe once it gets warmer out I’ll travel around and take some pictures. Also, I live on Grantham ave near the beginning of the Garden City Skyway. The BGT and screaming tunnel are only about a 7 minute drive from my house if anyone ever wants reference photos. I have become very interested in paranormal activities as of late and I’m often in NOTL, St. Catharines, and Thorold in one night, so if anyone hears of anything good let me know. Thanks and keep up the good work.

-J