Developing Psychic Abilities

Hamilton Paranormal: Hamilton Paranormal: Developing Psychic Abilities

By M. T. Rivers on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 06:29 pm:

hiya cathy & sold. :)
..thanks for sharing your story about the dogs cathy :) it's very cool indeed!! i always make sure i say "thanks" too!
..umm that friend and i don't talk anymore sold. heehee...she does her thing, i've gone on to do mine. our journeys just went in different directions, so i'm not sure what she's experiencing now...but judging by my constant activities and the fact that things parallel with us, i'm sure she's still seeing things happen :)
..thanks for the interest in a book!! heehee...i'm working on two right now, but collecting info. for the one i want to tackle about the paranormal. i'm also an artist and i've been busy getting ready for a fall fair exhibit...so...IT'S NUTS HERE!! heehee. slow, but sure :)
..thanks again :)
love, light & laughter!

By soldierpup on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 01:30 pm:

Hi again M.T, great story,you should write a book.
I know myself that I love to read stories like that and so does alot of other people.
Just wondering if your friend still lives in that house and have they had anymore paranormal experiences.

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 09:03 am:

Now that is exciting. I'm sure it will be a very interesting book if it tells more stories like this one. The validation alone is exciting, but to be able to share that with others is a real thrill too.

So far I've only gotten one name that was able to be validated. But I'm sure over time there will be others as well.

That's a cool story about your pets. I know that when Max was still just a puppy he'd get really wound up and want to bite my toes and fingers as he was trying to get me to play. When he'd do that I'd just say out loud, "Lady will you come play with this little stinker so I can get some work done." And believe it or not, she would.

He'd stop what he was doing and run to the corner of the couch that was her favorite and stand wagging his tail while looking up. (He was too little to get up on the couch at this point.) Then he'd grab a toy and throw it up in that direction and just play like he had a playmate. This went on for about half an hour each time. Then when he was too tired to play any more he'd lay down to take a nap. So of course I'd have to thank Lady for helping out. :)

Lady still drops in for a visit from time to time. And of course Max seems to stand and wag his tail whenever we hear her.

By M. T. Rivers on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 07:03 am:

hiya...
..continuing my convers. from yesterday (sorry i talk a lot!heehee)
..i eventually began experiencing visions in my periphrial, distinct sounds, whispers, and apparitions...one at a friends house while meditating and she checked the history of her house/past owners. the name the apparition had given me was on the list of owners. (the house is 140yrs. plus!)
...we had also encountered a sad little girl but didn't know the connection. my friends daughter constantly woke up in the middle of the night and i explained that it was probably the "ghost girl" who just wanted to play with another little girl.
...when my friend told the ghost that she was welcomed, but not to bother her daughter...her daughter stopped waking.
...when she gave me the name of the woman ghost...i decided i'd check her name on a geneology site i'd been working on. her name came up and it turned out that she'd had four or five children...all except one died...a little girl survived until 2yrs. of age.
..it was shocking and sad..but the most solid evidence i've ever come across!!
..every family who'd lived in that house, had come in with children. the woman ghost remained to watch over them because she'd never really had her own. the girl ghost remained because her mother wouldn't leave.
..it's the tip of the iceberg for me, heehee...i'm seriously writing a book because too much has happened to sit and tell anyone about!!
..love, light and laughter!

By M. T. Rivers on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 06:54 am:

hiya..
..yes i understand the wonderful visits with your dog :) awww it is so comforting!! in the last 6yrs. we've lost four cats and my sweetie: Hawkeye my german shephard to epilepsy! he was only four yrs. old and the week i put him down, i went to bed (he normally came up and slept on the bed) and was reading when i heard him downstairs in the dining room as if he'd stood up to shake (realizing i'd gone up to bed) or like he was scratching as i heard the tags on his collar jingling.
...it was such a natural sound, that i forgot he wasn't with us anymore and thought: "oh, he just woke up and realized i was gone."
..it took me a moment to realize he was gone...then i realized his collar was hanging in the next room across from me!
..he had come to let me know he was still around and i know the other animals in the house see him..especially his best buddy, a black cat that we got only months before him: the cat decided he TOO was a dog like his pal...hawkeye decided that he, himself was a cat...like HIS pal. heehee...they were quite amazing together and our cat has acted out big time since his passing...misses him and seems to still wait for him to come back. i'm pretty sure that his seeing hawkeye now-and-then makes it a bit confusing at times.
..we also have two new dogs in the house...and one of them often plays with his invisible friend, heehee...very funny to watch....while the other has stood at the bottom of the stairs while looking up excitedly and wagging his tail as if he's waiting for "someone" to come down....when i'm the only one in the house and the cats and other dog are all down here with us.
...i'm sure hawkeye has made himself some new friends!

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

I think the paranormal events that I find the most comforting are the times when our dog Lady comes back to visit. She lets us know that she is around in so many ways. A nudge to the knees, a plop next to the door, a sudden chill when talking about her.
She was our protector in life and I believe she is still performing that duty in the after life.

But in recent months we've encountered different smells while out in the field doing an investigation. Some of them so strong that multiple people caught the scent and identified it as unnatural for the location or time of year. Very interesting to say the least.

By M. T. Rivers on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:34 pm:

hiya cathy:
..i know exactly what you are talking about!
..i've been experiencing things since i can remember (3 or 4yrs. old) in the house i grew up in and most houses following that were also places where things were experienced.
..i didn't encounter things that seem to be "classic" but the calling of my name, waking in the middle of the night just to hear some sound, spirits sitting on the end of my bed and just knowing things.
...i didn't see apparations, nor things smashing or cold spots things like that...but later on in adulthood there came the smells, goosebumps etc.
...i also experienced an incredible parallel with a high school friend...that is a really long story, but suffice to say everything in our lives were constantly paralleling...including paranormal events. very strange.
...will write more later...just got a phone call!! heehee
love, light & laughter

By Cathy Brady on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 08:35 pm:

Hi M.T.

You are more than welcome. I've always been interested in the paranormal but until we started this site I hadn't realized that anyone could go out and investigate it. I've had a great deal of fun and learned a lot since we began.

But what I'm noticing the most is how often we encounter the paranormal in our daily lives. It is fascinating to say the least. :)

By M. T. Rivers on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 07:22 pm:

well...hello Cathy :) nice to "meet" you and thanks for the warm welcome!
..George & Chris: thanks again, what a nice initiation..lol..and i too would love to meet up with you all one day and check out some "haunted" locations! i will do what i can.
..i have had many experiences with the paranormal since i was very young, and have lived in homes most of my life that have shown great activity!!! (much fun)..i have found that i am a 'sensitive' but connect with all my senses and have recently found (in the last 6mths.) that spirits have simply come forward when they needed.
...this has been mostly family or loved ones who have passed, and i don't make a habit of "reading" others as i'm not sure that is what i'm meant to do! but, when i get something about a close friend etc., i have at least, learned to trust myself and what i am given, so pass it on with confidence. :)
...Chris, i believe that we are all both teachers and students so, like you, i love to hear about new experiences and share what i know....ya can't take it with you! LOL
...thanks again folks!!
love, light & laughter.

By George Brady on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 08:38 pm:

Good Evening there M.T. Rivers....:)

You are so right about spirits that live around us each day. We do tend to go to places that we may think is haunted or has paranormal content to it.
We love the history to a place we come across, for this helps tie in the paranormal without a doubt....

The best enjoyment out of all of this is meeting new folks with similar interests.

We hope we can touch base with you some day in person. Til then you are most welcome to post on our site.....

Thank you for your posts.....:)

By Cathy Brady on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 08:03 pm:

Hi M.T. and I'd also like to welcome you to our board.

Yes, spirits/souls can be found anywhere around us. We've had some very startling experiences that attest to that. And not always in a "haunted" location. Sometimes even in our own homes we can find a spirit lingering around just to say hi. :)

Chris, we missed you on Friday? Are we changing it to this Friday? hehehe OH, you've got to make it up here to see the babies too! Should be ready to leave mama by Friday. :)

By Chris on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 07:31 pm:

It is a pleasure to have you with us M.T. Please keep posting. I have always enjoyed learning and sharing with everyone here. It seems that you are serious about the paranormal and I look forward to sharing more with you later. It would be nice if you could join us on an outing. I am hoping to get out this weekend.
Chris

By M. T. Rivers on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

hiya..
..well thanks both of you very much...george, thanks for welcoming me :) i appreciate it.
..chris...heehee...well, ya have to definately have an open mind...i'm sure ya have a lot of other stuff in there to fill it up too! ha ha!
...i also agree with the fact that spirits/souls are all around..everywhere...just as human beings, we tend to go to places that we are used to and expect to find something. that's the total joy of it all...we are surrounded constantly and only need to pay attention.

..thanks again!
love, light & laughter!

By Chris on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:26 am:

Is just an open mind or do you have to be totally empty headed, like me?

By George Brady on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:45 pm:

WELCOME to our board M.T. :)

I do believe that each of us have the ability to have some form of psychic ability.
It is just that we have to tune into our senses.
meditation is one way and another is a open mind.

You have brought up a interesting subject and I am looking forward to others views on this subject.
Thank you for bringing your thoughts to our board.

By Chris on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:46 am:

Good point M.T. We also tend to think that we will only encounter the paranormal in usual places. We go to cemetaries and in old buildings and ruins. There is lots of activty outside of these places. Any area that may bond a spirit to a site is a possibility. That is why historical accounts are so useful.

By M. T. Rivers on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 07:15 am:

..i agree..meditation is a great way in which to develope but the key to it, is learning to trust ourselves. (we naturally second-gues ourselves!)
..too often i hear people say: "Ohh, i wish I was psychic!"...umm....you are, heehee! for too many years (and still today) the falsity that is perpetuated is that only SOME people have ablilities.."it's a 'gift"..well..we are all born with it and only at different levels of development...it's not an elite group :)
...thankfully, people like john edward and sylvia browne promote self realization and constantly teach us that we can connect on our own!
...one of my fav. quotes, it's perfect: all of us can sing...but not all of us are pavarotti!
..love, light and laughter!

By Chris on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:09 pm:

We all have psychic ability and regular meditation will help to focus and develop our skills.

Use a log book and record even minor events that occr. For instance, you were thinking of someone and the phone rang. Little things will help us gain confidence and help us to tune in on what we receive.

Joh Edwards feels that almost always we seem to receive only bad premonitions. He says it is because we tend to remember bad things. The good things are not as traumatic and that is why recording things will help up tune in.

Most important is to meditate regularly.