Old Farmhouse gone

Hamilton Paranormal: Hamilton Paranormal: Old Farmhouse gone

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 08:23 am:

Yes it is a shame that people can't see these places as history. And that history is precious. Once it is gone that's it. It will never be back again. :(

Unfortunately there are some in the world that think anything old is good for nothing but destruction. What a sad thing to think. :(

By Alex Prince on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 07:43 am:

Hello everybody. Speaking of old houses. I saw an article in Tuesdays Hamilton Spectator about the Book House. It to, has had some encounters with vandals. I read earlier this month someone came and smashed the chimney down and knocked over a banister. It is a shame that people do stuff like this. It ruins the site for others and increases the probability that the police will show up to see what is going on, even if you are there just to take pictures.

By George Brady on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:31 pm:

Vandals strike again , the house over on #6hwy met the same fate last year I believe.:(

Its a shame when someone has to go out and torch a place , when we returned on Sunday Morning from our radio show in Cambridge , we did see a fire truck by the house , but we thought it was a car fire that was taking place.

Another old piece of history gone forever , such a waste.......:(

By Cathy Brady on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 11:51 am:

After talking to George, we do recall seeing a fire truck sitting along the road in front of the house when we were returning from Cambridge early Sunday morning. (some time around 6:20 AM) We didn't pay that much attention though because we were tired after being up late to be on the radio with Stan.

The house wasn't being lived in, but the property itself wasn't abandoned. Lately we've seen a lot of activity around the place. The gate being wide open and different cars brought in or removed. And the horses were still on the back property last time I looked.

As for the grass....I didn't pay that much attention to it. Maybe someone was going to move more cars? Guess we'll never know.

By Robk on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 11:33 am:

yupp sadly its gone

what I did find baffling is the front of the grounds is very kept up,the grass was cut with fresh piles on the lawn

who would keep up a abandoned property

By Cathy Brady on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:12 am:

It's burned down? It was still standing when we drove by there on Saturday. We didn't notice if it was still standing or not when we came home from Cambridge yesterday. That's too bad.

The house didn't seem to look menacing lately. It just looked sad and run down. And you're right, now we'll probably never know the real history behind the house.

By Robk on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:43 am:

me and a friend had been planning a trip to the old farm house on hwy 6 and twenty road for some time,and we headed out last night dispite the rain and got there to find the house in ruins smoldering,so this has obviously happened in the last few days.

I for one am pretty disappointed that such careless people would burn the place down, now we may never know the true history of the place