A Plea for Help

Hamilton Paranormal: Hamilton Paranormal: A Plea for Help

By NovRaine on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 06:26 am:

hiya...
..janet, i said "she" because as i was reading your last update, and came across: "It was as though someone was resting their head on folded arms on the side of the bed right beside my head."
..the third-eye image i got was a female, looks young (18-25), so i guess without really thinking about it, i just went with the image i got :) i am constantly working on trusting myself and what i "get"...so that's what i did :)
..about the crying so easily...i do exactly the same thing! a few years back, i had to stop reading the newspapers because i cried all through them...and boy, put a touching (or not) commercial on t.v. and i'm a basket-case! heehee..really, it's embarrassing sometimes, but i've come to realize i'm a "sensitive" ...both literally and figuratively :)...and that's ok, comes with the territory and keeps me compassionate and grounded.
...i know that there are periods of time when it gets ridiculous..one time, i was making dinner and in the kitchen stirring a pot of something and tears started rolling down my cheeks...just felt this incredible sadness and couldn't explain to my hubby why! (he's used to my nuttiness heehee).
...i realized later that i wasn't "balanced" and that happens every-so-often...then we re-balance and it's a little easier :) i feel great sadness from others and spirit...and my theme seems to have become knowing when people are going to pass...it's doesn't come in a horrible way or anything and sometimes i didn't realize until things progressed, that that's what i was seeing...but because of my compassion (i believe anyway), sensitivity and my lack of fear concerning passing, i'm given that...i can handle it.
...my sensitivity has helped throughout my life, i have darn good antennae about people and can walk into a room and tell you right away who is going to be trouble or who i'm going to end up talking to! ...happens online too, in chatting or whatever.
...so...with the crying, ask that you be given balance along with clarity. trust spirit and trust yourself :)
..i know we are all glad that you are making progress! keep it up :)
love, light and laughter!

By Cathy Brady on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 04:49 am:

Another update from Janet:
NovRaine, was it habit or something else but I believe you gave it the term "she". Do you feel it could be female? Would the feelings of grief and sadness (going back to the beginning, I'm not depressed, had that checked, these feelings just happen) be tied in with it. I keep saying it because I'm just not sure. I don't have the sadness happen when I feel it there. But through out the day this sadness will hit me. If I hear someone who is having a hard time I will actually start to cry for them. If I see something sad happen I will start to cry. I cant even watch a funeral because I start to cry. Half the time I wonder why I'm crying because it has nothing to do with me. Yes I get embarrassed because I think it happens too much. A big knot forms in my chest and moves up to my throat and bang here come the tears. I wish I could pick up happiness and elation! : ) Even confusion would be a nice change.

For Chris, I certainly do believe I have a great fear of drowning. Maybe that's why I'm able to swim so well. My fear drives me to remain safe.

Cathy, I hope it's becoming clear. I am nervous of the change. I hope the change will be good. I don't know where it's going. I know it's never hurt or scared me on purpose. It's like that show awhile back "what is going on!"

To some degree I can say that I feel the same when I see a funeral, or see someone in pain. It's called empathy. And yes, at times it gets to be too much to bear and I cry. But with me, I even get emotional when I see someone really happy. I cry with joy for them. :)

By Chris on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 03:01 am:

I get a stpong feeling of drowning. I get no more than that right now.

By Cathy Brady on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 06:49 pm:

Janet: Interesting that you should ask that. No one that I know of has died from drowning, but my whole life I have been afraid of water, I can swim like a fish but I'm afraid of what's underneath. Even in my own pool. The water is clear but I'm afraid of something under there.

By NovRaine on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 06:38 pm:

yes, Chris, i was just thinking the same thing! :)
..although "drowning" could be symbolic of many things: drowning in sorrow, suffocating in a relationship, etc. so it may be she's either showing janet that she actually drowned (is there a body of water close to the property??)...or it's something she's using symbols for, as they often do.
...yes, cathy...it's clarity she's getting..fear creates blocks in many forms (being frightened keeps us away!)...but the case is usually nothing like it seemed to be at first when things are clear. :) i wish her continued luck!

By Chris on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

Janet, Did someone close to you die from drowning?

By Cathy Brady on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 03:14 pm:

Here's an update from Janet

Last night an interesting change took place. At 4:30 am my "cloudy guest" for sake of a better term made itself known in a different way. It was as though someone was resting their head on folded arms on the side of the bed right beside my head. Nasty face image almost as if it was bloated beyond recognition, redish, sharp eyes, messy hair. Nothing really distinct. I can't say I wasn't frightened, yet it was almost familiar.

Janet, it sounds as though things are becoming clearer as you continue your journey. It wasn't coming through before because you weren't ready to accept it. But it sounds like you are making progress and it won't be long before you find out who your mystery guest is. :)

By NovRaine on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 06:25 am:

hiya...
....wow....that's wonderful janet!!! good for you :) i'm so glad!
..remember as you're counting your blessings...always say "thank you" to the spirits who are helping/guiding/loving you :) we ask for help, but sometimes forget to say thanks.

..when we ask for anything....ANYTHING...it's collected and answered (not always the way we expect)...whether it's positive or seems to be negative at the time, so your trust and belief in yourself to call on those loving spirits has a great impact!
...i could tell you soooooo many stories about "what goes around, comes around" ...but cathy would have my head if i started writing my novel on here! LOL but, the help we receive is incredible! and real!! but it's up to us to trust and believe in ourselves...and look at things from a positive perspective: if you believe you're defeated...then you WILL be, but if you trust that everything that comes from the ethereal world is loving and helpful...even those things that seem "ominous" are really lessons and messages for us.

...we as humans, our egos let us believe that we have "power", "control"...heehee...always makes me laugh because the only power and control we have is how we treat ourselves...and how we allow others to treat us...other than that, it's left up to the spiritual realm, the paths we've laid out for ourselves before incarnating and the choices we make. the power lies within our willingness to acknowledge our birthright of connection always, to the spiritual world...and trust. :)

...good luck!! and i'm sooooooo glad good things are happening. :)
love, light and laughter to you and yours.

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 04:57 am:

Here's an update from Janet

I have been using a combination approach to the black cloud as I like to refer to it. The last few times I've woke in the night to find it there stronger than ever I've just thought, "listen, I don't mind you hanging around if it's something important, but, if you have no purpose other than to bug me then I reject you" or simply "take off I'm sleeping". It's still there but my reaction seems to be changing towards it. To be honest I've had more good luck this week than a person has a right to. I'm counting my blessings.

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 04:04 pm:

NovRaine no need to apologize. It was probably my email program that got hungry again. I've been having some problems with that lately. I've had people ask me if I received their emails and some of them aren't coming through. The only thing I can figure is sympatico's mail server got hungry or my mail program did. hehehehe
But yes, I enjoyed the pics you posted. Thank you for sharing them with me. :)

By NovRaine on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 01:40 pm:

hiya Cathy:
...thanks...sorry, don't remember getting an email from you. ...no biggie! thanks for peeking and glad you enjoyed :)
Cheers!

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 12:08 pm:

Hi NovRaine

I did get the email with your web addy. And I sent you an email in response. I just don't know if sympatico got hungry and ate it or what. *L*

I stopped by again yesterday and took a look at your "ghostie" paintings and all I can say is WOW!! You did some fantastic work on those! They definitely deserved to win awards. :)

By NovRaine on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 07:19 pm:

hiya Cathy:
..well said, i totally agree and i'm glad to do it..and i hope it helps too!

..BTW...did you ever get my email with my website addy on it, so you could look at the art?? i have been re-working it, and the "ghostie" paintings are now up!! let me know. (if you have already and i've forgotten....um....i'll blame P.M.S...or ONCE UPON A TIME I WAS BLONDE! heehee)

By Cathy Brady on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 09:06 am:

Hi NovRaine

I hope our efforts pay off as well. It is rewarding to be able to help others understand the messages/lessons that they are given. Or help them to grow in their spiritual development. Where would any of us be without the help of others? :)

By NovRaine on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 06:29 am:

hiya Cathy:
...no prob. i hope our input helps :) take care.
Cheers!

By Cathy Brady on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 02:16 pm:

Well I have to thank Chris and NovRaine for all your help. Janet "would like to thank all for the input and advice. Any change or difference will be noted and relayed."

It is hard being made to feel "wrong" or "insane" because you perceive things differently than others do. It is frustrating beyond words to know that you are not crazy but you can't find a "logical" explanation that will satisfy those around you for things that you see, hear or feel that they don't.

But it has been my experience that no two people will perceive the same event in the same manner. Which makes this world a wonderful, exciting place to be. There is so much to be learned from each other if we just take the time to open our minds to the possibilities. :)

By Chris on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 06:28 pm:

I know from experience that things are filed in one's subconcious only to come out later. When I go to one location, I often have feelings and sensations, but later I have had vivid dreams about events that occurred there.

By NovRaine on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:24 pm:

hiya:
..really great points, Chris and Cathy!!

...Janet: the mind...as we all know...can be a very powerful and protective element of our human "being"...and how we view the world around us and the spiritual realm, greatly depends upon what has lain in our path before we got to this date :)...the accumulation of your living life on this plane right this minute, has made you who you are and have helped to form your beliefs, what you'll reject, how you treat yourself and others and how you'll respond to certain situations.
..so..it can be tricky to "analyse" your personal situation, because we are all different, and can only base our "advice" or opinions on the bits of info. that you share with us. YOU know you better than anyone ever will, so some of this that we give you, you'll have to mull over and take what you need from it and leave the rest :) we are giving you the basics, from our combined experience....but we're not there so you'll have to figure out what is logical and what makes sense to you :)

...regarding your questions:

"...If you have a gift and you are putting up a wall to stop it what happens? The same as what happens if a spirit is trying to contact you, you acknowledge them but put a wall up to any message they are trying to send? Can a person's con. and subcon. duke it out over something that is or is not paranormal"

...these questions fall into what i just said. depending upon where you've come from (this life)...what you've learned, your childhood etc. ...will depend upon what "blocks" you may have and what they are. MOST definately, if you are con. trying to reject...spirit knows better what you need...so if they think there's something you need to experience, they'll approach in another way. true.

...remember: there's "ghosts" (that i use as a general term for those who have not crossed over) and there are "spirits" (which i use to generalize: angels, loved ones, our own souls, guides etc. ...all that are in the ethereal realm)

...so...telepathic messages are from "spirits". movement or playing with tangible items are ghosts and/or spirits. :)
...gut instincts, "feelings", premonitions, dreams/astral journeys, anything that can be considered messages that are NOT tangible...come from spirit. :)

...regarding subcon. vs. con. ...i don't know whether they can "duke it out" ...i would think that the info. is being filed in the subcon. until YOU (your con. mind) is ready to deal with it. it comes out a little at a time, as we need it...sometimes when a series of incidences happen and then all-of-a-sudden you say: "OMG! i just talked about that to someone two weeks ago!! I'd forgotten i'd had that dream!"
...whatever, it's there....you think it's nothing...then something happens that connects it to something valid! ..that's when you realize there is more to your "dream" or "gut feeling" than you'd thought.

..i hope this is helping! lol...it can be complicated especially dealing with something "blind" and not immediately ourselves, but i'm hoping some of this makes sense!! heehee. good luck
Cheers!

By Chris on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 01:15 pm:

We have to remember that as far as we know spirits are the left over energy of the living. They have limited ways of communicating. If telepathic messages are blocked out, they resort to what they can do. They brush your hair, pass through giving you the shivers, knock over an object or short out an electrical appliance. When obejects move or we feel the sense of being touched, it is quite disconcerting.

I rarely get the feeling of being touched any more, but the images of being told something are getting stronger. I think that now that I go in with an open mind they can communicate without resorting to something extraordinary.

By Cathy Brady on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 09:01 am:

Now that's an interesting point Chris. If a spirit is trying hard to get your attention and you don't acknowledge it, they could have a temper tantrum so to speak. :) I'd never thought of it like that before. But it does make sense.

By Chris on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 07:25 am:

I think it was Tia who works with children and made a great point awhile ago. If you ignore a child they do something dramatic to get attention. Often it is something not nice.

By Cathy Brady on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 06:56 am:

Thank you NovRaine and Chris for your input. Janet has emailed again with some questions of her own. Any ideas anyone?

Chris had some very insightful points. If you have a gift and you are putting up a wall to stop it what happens? The same as what happens if a spirit is trying to contact you, you acknowledge them but put a wall up to any message they are trying to send? Can a person's con. and subcon. duke it out over something that is or is not paranormal?

Janet

By Chris on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:09 pm:

There is good and there is evil in this world. The only way that evil can affect you is if you let it. Sometimes people who, are scared of their own shadow, allow a spirit to manipulate them. The spirit can be rather nasty, but cannot (and I said cannot for a reason) harm you. You can only harm yourself by succumbing to the manipulation. Kind of like not being able to be hypnotized if you don't want to. You have to be a willing participant for it to work.

As for the manifistations and communications you are receiving; believe in yourself. You could very well have a gift.

I am speaking strictly from my own personal experiences and research in the paranormal. It is always wise for any of us to rule out the logical and the explainable first. If we don't someone else will; for us.

By NovRaine on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 10:50 am:

Janet:
..(and Cathy)...thanks for clarifying the "charms" for me...it sounds like they are using their energy for healing...just like reikki (spelling) etc. which many of us have also, but never use.

...i can't say for certain it's a mistake you aren't supposed to make a second time...i usually tell people to trust their gut instincts because your spirit/guides/teachers etc. and your inner spirit/soul know better than anyone else could tell you.

...we have cell memories from past lives, but we don't "correct" mistakes or bring in "junk" from there...we have new lessons to learn and move forward from the last incarnation. once you are moved into the ethereal realm...you have total clarity of that life's work/lessons/where improvements can be made and what will benefit the continued growth/learning of your spirit/soul...what would the point be, to carry crap, but not remember why? ..how could you learn from that??

...if it's not medical...it's probably a cell-memory-type thing...of a past life fear OR, you could be picking up on the negativity of someone around you (not evil devil stuff, that's just a symbol of "darkness" and negative energies.) who is surrounding themselves (probably without really understanding they are) with negativity and it's affecting your sensitive aura.

...trust yourself, ask for clarity, use protection and positive energy and ask that any cell-memory past negativity be taken away so you can move forward. and see what happens. :)

...good luck

By Cathy Brady on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:39 am:

Hi NovRaine and thanks for adding to this thread. I've received an email with comments from Janet about your response. Hopefully this will help clarify some things and maybe we can make some more progress on this situation. :)

Hi

One thing to clear up, the charms I spoke of with my relatives. When I say charm I don't mean a physical item. I mean ability. My relative that had a burn "charm" would touch an area that had been burned and there would be no scar. Nothing. A child that had been in a horrible fire burned head to toe 2nd and 3rd degree burns was brought to my relative and she touched only the childs face and neck. No scars were found when the child healed on the face and neck only on the body. The whooping cough was hair bound and placed on a string around the neck. In both cases they took on the heat or the coughing and the patient was healed. My mom's mom had prophetic dreaming. I remember being a child and her visiting us from Ireland and the things she told me. It never scared me. Some things that seem normal to me may seem strange to someone else. I grew up this way though so it's all I know.

As for if there is ghosts in my home, I have no problem with that. There has not been a problem or anyone scared or hurt. Jim's friends Taylor and Toni left when either they were ready or Jim was ready for them to go. They were always acknowledged if he told us they were in the room. Samantha said papa didn't visit anymore because she didn't need him now. Her words. So there is a sense of just passing through. The "feeling" does not though. If it is a past life, I don't really know what my feeling is on that, then it's like a monkey on my back what ever it is. And it's trying really hard to come through. Would it be a reminder of a mistake not to repeat?

Janet

By NovRaine on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:29 am:

hiya:
..ok, i'm going to put in my 2cents worth :) i can only address the areas that seem to be spiritually based, rather than medical.

..i get the impression that it is something in past life, rather than on this plane. i have to say, as i have many times, that i don't believe in "evil" spirits...there are rambunctious and frustrated ghosts, that haven't passed over, but all those who DO cross over, come from a very positive, loving place and do not take the human conditions with them: ie: jealousy, anger, hatred, greed...etc. ...those are things we accumulate as humans. the only "evil" i've encountered are human beings. spirit does not have the reason nor desire to be "nasty"...and if you believe in a "higher" or "God" spirit...then it's not logical that it would permit "evil" to come through or harm us. what evil takes place on the earth plane is totally due to our own choices and what we end up doing/deciding.

...with that said: i'm glad you are open with allowing your children to express themselves...and jim telling you where he was before incarnating is wonderful...and clues to help you believe that there is more out there (even if, in your heart you knew that :) ) also, remember that women, especially, are very "intune" and it's passed down to daughters, so she will be very "intune" also.
...the other activity is spiritual...spirits making contact with you and family members. it doesn't matter that your house is new, the land has been there for centuries!! ..so, some of this activity will be from energies attached to the land you're on. ...check out the history and especially what your son jim told you.

...about sleeping: we all dream and astral journey many, many times each week. don't forget that just because you wake feeling nothing...doesn't mean you haven't traveled/dreampt...it's just that it's been filed away in your super-subconscious until you need it...then it may filter out slowly and you might not even notice :). this kind of protects us, (if loads of info. came through too often, it would make us crazy!! we couldn't process it in a healthy, calm way it would be too much for us) but also we are given what we need and what we can handle at the time.

...regarding charms etc. those are simply tools to comfort us as humans..there isn't any "power" connected to them, that's in our own minds...if it comforts that's fine, good! but if they instill fear...that's un-necessary and nobody has the "power" to do evil through charms or ceremonies etc. our beliefs can overwhelm and frighten some times, but the charms are just symbolic and don't have any real power. (this is my opinion remember :) )

...so...i'm wondering if these feelings that are bothering you (if they AREN'T medical)..have to do more with a past-life experience that your spirit has carried (cell memory)?? you can pray and ask that all negativity from past connections be taken away (this may take persistance, so don't give up!)...that you are done with those lives and want to fill this one with positive energy and without fear.
..there are other things i've heard suggested that people do: sprinkle salt around your house, and just pray for positive energies to surround you and your family...that any negativity or fear be removed...surround yourself and each family member with cleansing/healing/loving/protecting white light everyday...and ask that you receive clarity for anyone trying to send you messages so that you might have a better understanding. :)

...lastly: decide whether you want the ghosts in your home to continue connecting and/or disrupting your home. if you want them gone...tell them they are dead and to go to God/the light, they're not welcomed.
...if you are o.k. with them there, then lay ground rules: "I don't mind if you visit...but don't scare my children! No touching! No scratching!" etc.
...i know it can sound ridiculous, but you would be acknowledging them...and for the most part...that's all they are waiting for :)

...good luck. hope some of this helps/makes sense.
..love, light and laughter.

By Cathy Brady on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 04:32 am:

Ok, here's the email I got in response to the questions. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful advice please jump in.

Some back ground history for you.

I have always been a solitary person. I'm very comfortable with being alone. I don't need to be around people or in a group. Medically speaking when I was younger I thought I was sick in the head. I did see a shrink (a term of endearment, long story) He told me my thoughts and questions were so deep that I would only be able to answer them. I baffled him. Lots of tests and questions but the final point was one of being told there is no problem with me. I am not medically off my rocker. Healthy as a horse and of sound mind. He told me yes some people are not normal but medications help this for them. No medication would work for me.

This "feeling" is always there. If I closed my eyes during the day it would be stronger. Around a group it is as though it's hiding around a corner. I don't have a fear of the dark. I feel more comfortable in the dark. As sense of being able to move more freely. To be honest I like the dark.

For many years when I was in my 20's I was told my pattern of sleep was dangerous. I slept non stop. I would go to work come home eat and then sleep. The problem was I was so deep in sleep I couldn't be woken. I didn't dream. In fact I would feel like I hadn't slept at all. I had to tell myself before falling asleep I would not fall deeply and would awake normally. Again no medical reason.

The feeling has intensified in this house. We built it so it's new, it was built on farm land. The feeling was happening before we moved here though so I don't know why it's more so.

When we moved in Samantha said papa my dad, came to see her everynight. Jim had new friends, Taylor and Toni. We all thought it was funny his imaginary friends. They were with us from Jim age 2-5 If we didn't hear about them and asked he would say they went on vacation. One day he told me a bad man killed them, they told him this. And they were burried under our house...I don't have any real feeling of this. Then at age 5 he said they moved.

I had a lamp that would go on and off when my husband and I were having a hard time 5 years ago. People witnessed this, since things have improved the light doesn't do it. Same plug, no explanation. When Jim was 4 he told me "before you knew me I played with papa in heaven with balloons". I've always been open with the children and allowed them to express and relate what happens to them.

It's a struggle, like I said, a tug of war. I often tell the feeling to go away and leave me alone. I have a wonderful life, marriage, children. Very lucky. Just this thing there.

In the past some people I have mentioned it too only made fun of me and ridiculed me saying I was wacko. That is why I'm very careful who I talk to. My husband has no idea. And I don't tell my children because I don't want to scare them.

Samantha talks of a scratching noise she hears in this room but as soon as I enter it stops. She says when I leave it starts again.
I have wondered if it is a relative who is departed. My grandfather was said to be a horrible man. Very cruel to my grandmother who I am named for (not to mention look like). I don't know if this has helped you at all.

Janet

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 10:52 am:

To the original requester, feel free to email your answers to me and I'll share them on the board so that others may join in.

It has been suggested privately that you should talk to a professional to rule out a medical cause for this problem. I have to agree that this should be the first course of action.

Aside from that I have a few questions that may shed a little light as well. Does this feeling manifest itself if you are in a group (after dark)? Or is it only happening when you are alone? Is it possible that it is fear that is causing you to feel this way? Fear of the dark? Fear of the unknown?

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:10 pm:

I received an email today asking for help. So I am throwing this out onto the floor in the hopes that one of us (or all of us) can help this individual. Below is the email I received.

I believe very much in the paranormal. Here is my problem. Always in the back of my mind I feel that an evil something is there close watching. I have never heard, seen or experienced anything other than a vision that flashes in my mind that it is there. This occurs in the dark only. If I'm in bed it's behind me, just there watching. Sometimes I feel as though this is a struggle going on. A tug of war so to speak. In the past I was told I was heavily protected. We have thought this is my grandmother who I'm named after perhaps. She passed away when my father was 2. I am from Ireland and many of my relatives had charms. One for whooping coughs, one for burns, my aunt read tea leaves. I don't know if I have anything. The vision in my mind is one of evil. It's ugly and the feeling I get is one of distaste, vile not very nice. I don't know if it's good bad what is going on. It does scare me. I would like help, which is why I'm emailing you.