We finally made it to the BGT....

Hamilton Paranormal: Hamilton Paranormal: We finally made it to the BGT....

By Mrskoss on Friday, November 12, 2004 - 08:41 am:

Hi Beem,

Thank you for sharing your story. I know how difficult that must have been. My heart broke when I read your loss and I can only imagine how devastated you and your family must have been and still are as you grieve your cherished Minuit. I too will remember your story and your loved one next time I visit the BGT. Thank you for sharing this.

mrsk

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 04:16 pm:

Mrskozz, welcome to the board. As for losing all of the pictures, our friend Cindy had her camera mysteriously erase all her pictures while we were sitting down to view them after leaving the tunnel. One second they were there, the next, they were gone.

Beem, welcome to you as well. I can understand the pain of your loss and I too would like to offer my condolences. When I read your story it just broke my heart and brought back memories of our own dog Lady who passed away not long ago. Just remember that Minuit's spirit will always be with you wherever you are.

By George Brady on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 04:08 am:

Welcome to the board Beem....

We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It still puzzles me how the accident had happened.
The BGT holds much activity and caution should be used when visiting the area.
We have not had a chance with going down there in some time now, but you can be sure your dog will be on our minds when we visit the area again.

Again we are so sorry to hear about your loss. We are sure your dog was a great family member and we can understand your feelings .....

By Beem on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 05:24 am:

Hi mrskozz

This is my first time too... We made it to the BGT on Saturday, Oct. 30 with disastrous consequences... my dog died (I posted my story in the submissions). This was my 2nd time there, the first time we never made it down to the actual tunnel, it was nighttime and I was too spooked. I also didn't have my dog with me. For my dog to have a "hiking" accident seems almost impossible, no one actually saw what happened but she died about 15 minutes after I found her at the bottom of the trail, near the entrance to the tunnel. I'm never going back to the BGT, for me, it's evil, bad luck or jinxed or all of the above. I loved my dog Minuit very much and was heartbroken and miss her so very much. She was only 5 years old and very healthy and strong and loveable.

Anyway, that's my experience with the BGT. Just a note about cameras, the week before I had gone with the family to the Screaming Tunnel nearby and brought my camera. I managed to get 1 picture then my camera mysteriously jammed and I was unable to take any more pics. I haven't developed the film yet though. I'm curious to see what's on it.
~ Beem

By George Brady on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 04:21 am:

We were having some problems with the login, so this was sent to me to be posted. The problems have now been fixed, so welcome to the board mrskozz. :)

Hey Folks,

Long time listener, first time caller. ;-) Anyway. So, we finally made it out to the BGT last night. I have to say, it seems to have become quite the tourist attraction. There appeared to be much more "activity" from the locals than there was from much else, at least to the naked eye anyway. My husband and I were both surprised to see a steady stream of people both coming and going the entire time we were there, probably at least 40-50 people easily over the course of an hour.

We both had cameras and lights. He had a large propane lantern and I had a flashlight. We used them sparingly. My camera was a digital, and his was a 35 mm with 800 speed film. We both took pictures nonstop. At one point mid way during tunnel, I got a nauseated feeling, but never the feeling being watched. I also got a nauseated feeling when we got back to the car. I took pictures then as well.

The only strange thing to note is that my husband's cell phone rang twice in the tunnel, but he did not have cell phone service. Further, when I got home to download my pictures, I had about 180 on my camera, but nothing turned up, they were all black. With the exception of the one that I took by the car. And then, we could see what appeared to be some very small orbs by the car. So I got 179 black thumbnails transferred, and then one clear shot out by the car. So I know it wasn't the settings, or even that one wouldn't have turned out. Very odd. We haven't had the chance to get my hubby's developed yet, so don't know what to tell ya there.

Anyway, other than that not much to report. We have decided to return when it is not a weekend and we will have the place a little more to ourselves "so to speak". All of the other visitors had tons of lights and tons of cameras, and it just looked like more of a haunted house tourist attraction than anything else.

Just wanted to share my story and possibly see if anyone else had the same experience with losing all of their pictures.

Thanks again! And great to meet you all!
mrskozz