Middlesex County Building (Old London Jail)

Hamilton Paranormal: Hamilton Paranormal: Middlesex County Building (Old London Jail)

By Chris on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 03:21 pm:

I will be baack in London in two weeks and maybe we can tentatively arrange to meet on the Saturday evening around nine or ten. That would be September 10.

By George Brady on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 07:24 pm:

WOW that was intense Chris...

I loved the article of all who fell to the hangmans noose.I will have to pay a visit to this place really soon,thank you for sharing this info with us and yes do not forget to take your camera next time silly....:)

By Cathy Brady on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 07:24 pm:

Hey Chris

It would be interesting to see what happened if we went out together like we did at Sydenham. We had some very strong reactions the last time we were there for sure.

It's nice to see you out posting again. :)

By Chris on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 05:45 pm:

Site of interest:http://www.dotydocs.com/Archives/hangings/hangings.htm

By Chris on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 04:29 pm:

There is lot written about the Donnely's and yes, there are numerous tales around London about appartitions seen on the grounds. This was as strong an experience as I have had since my last visit to Sydenham. Next trip in September will include a camera for sure.

By George Brady on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 11:29 am:

Hey Chris ,

Long time since we heard from you:(

Sounds like a very good place to conduct a investigation and to take a tour of the jail house.We were planning to go to London to check out the area , I had a keen interest into the Roman Line Road area , Wish we were there with you and darn you did not even have your camera.Never leave home with out your camera.

What you had experinced sounds like you had a great time and the key points you had stated about the jail house sounds very interesting with out a doubt.Have others that you spoke too had simular tales of the place?

We will have to plan a trip down there in the near future , and yes London is not that far of a drive.

We have still been going out every weekend to investigate new areas , we just did not post our outings for the weather was too hot this year.We will be posting our next meet soon, we have had numerous folks go out with us through email .So we have not vanished from the paranormal scene.

Nice to hear from you Chris , keep in touch.....:)

By Chris on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 11:13 am:

Last night we went to the old lOndon Jail in London Ontario. It is open to the public during business hours and still has the cell blocks and courthouse intact. It was the site of the Donnely trials in the mid 1800's and James Donnelly was hanged their, proclaiming his inocence.

The person I went with had an amazing amount of energy and is very senstitive,as am I. Together we experienced a lot of activity and I had a conversation with, whom I believe to be James Donnely. He told me he was young and innocent. I relayed it to my friend, who confirmed it. I knew nothing of the Donneley's prior to going.

There were several lights around the building and every time we approached one around the wall at the back of the building it went out. When we walked away it came on. I asked several times if who ever it was wanted us to stay and to turn on the light if they did. When we turned to walk away, it came on. We were arble to do this several times. The spot lights at the front of the building came on and went out sporatically as well.

We watched as several upper lights in the building went on and at one time we both saw an image in a window. It was after ten at night and the building was empty. We were sitting on one of the benches facing the building and the light in the upper most tower came on.

I asked my friend if he thought Donnely was innocent and he said he always believed that he was. I then started getting all sorts of information in my head that told me what had happened and that he was happy that someone believed him. I am presently confirming the information in a book and so far have been finding it to be exact.

There were several other energies near the cell block as well. One near the window of one of the solitary confinement cells appeared to be crazy and wass so disturbing that I could not stand in that area.

London is only an hour and a half from Hamilton and it is well worth the trip. I, unfortunately, did not have my camera with me, but intend to return soon.