What is your pet peeve?

Hamilton Paranormal: Paranormal Chatter (Off Topic): What is your pet peeve?

By Cathy Brady on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:36 pm:

*LOL* Not to worry Tia. From what I heard on the weather forecast this morning, we're going to be getting more snow before the week is out.

By Tia on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:28 pm:

Getting a toboggin for christmas and the snow melts... :)

By Cathy Brady on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 01:47 pm:

hehehe Tia, I believe Dak gets it from his mommy!!! And if the store doesn't call you to tell you that you're "item" is in, just bring the rain check with you each time you visit the store. Sooner or later they'll get the item in and they should honor it. :)

By Tia on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 11:27 am:

Of course but the rain cheques are just as bad. Out of 12 rain cheques I received two phone calls over the past 9 years. Not very good odds are they. Even Dak complains about the "disorganization" of the store. He's only 9!!! Geez I wonder who he gets that from :)

By Cathy Brady on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 11:05 am:

Tia that would be extremely irritating!! Did they at least offer a rain check??

By Tia on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 07:48 am:

Going to a certain store which shall remain nameless,:), to buy an item on sale only to find they only ordered two and there is 50 other people who want the same thing.

By NovRaine on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 07:36 am:

heeheehee cathy!
..dogs and cats are such fun animals aren't they? my two just discovered squirrels...they hadn't seen one before this! and one of them realized birds go up in the sky...and tried to jump up at it when it was a mile away...heehee very funny. the other one, has taken a good year to realize they go UP! he'd just look around when a bird would disappear...ahhh i love him, but he's a bit dense :)
... these two brothers are sooooo much like kids! sheesh, i'm forever a den mother :)
Cheers!

By Cathy Brady on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 07:57 pm:

*LOL* Tia I'd love to have a mute switch for the kids and the dog at times.

NovRaine, Max (our dog) has this habit of standing on the landing (just 6 steps above where my computer sits) and barking at the door while I'm busy working. All he really wants is for me to open the door so he can bark at the squirrels that run across the fence beside the driveway. Usually the squirrel isn't even there and hasn't been. But it is his favorite past time. :)

By NovRaine on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 07:41 pm:

LOL...
..my dogs do that when i'm on the phone! just like kids. ....and i'm usually actually doing a lot of listening..for three hours! sheesh, heehee.
..isn't life a slice?

By Tia on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 05:56 pm:

Or an off switch, mute would be good too :)

By soldierpup on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 05:18 pm:

How about teenagers that don't come with a how to book!!!!!!

By Cathy Brady on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 02:20 pm:

Here's a pet peeve that most parents will understand....as soon as you get on the phone the kids come rushing in to "talk" to you. Some days!!!! *L*

By Cathy Brady on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 06:23 am:

Muddy footprints all over a freshly mopped floor. MAX!! :)

By Stan on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 06:55 pm:

pet peeve.....t'would be our new CEO at the hospital. Cutting "non essential" services that ARE essential, as well as even thinking about "contracting out" services. Quick...where is the voodoo doll. Which does make me wonder....do voodoo dolls really work? Another topic perhaps.

By Chris on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 06:49 am:

LOL

By Tia on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 04:35 am:

Oh oh oh...Old Uncle Fred who still thinks that "pull my finger" is really funny. lol :)

By Tia on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 04:27 am:

Quit staring at me....:)

By Cathy Brady on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 09:19 pm:

*LOL* Some how I just KNEW you'd have some kind of snappy come back Chris. Hmmm...does that make me psychic?? :)

By Chris on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 04:12 pm:

So you don't like people repeating the question back to you and just stare at you?

By NovRaine on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 06:56 am:

hiya..
..mine: when you call someone to chat about something...and before you can even get into it...they start talking...and talking..and talking! :)..sometimes, ya never even get to talk about why ya called.
...ya gotta love your pals..but sometimes...when i call YOU...i want to talk about something, heehee.
Cheers!

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 02:17 pm:

*LOL* Tia I'd have to agree with that one. But it's not only the people the repeat your question back to you and just look at you. It's those same people that look at you like you're crazy for asking in the first place.

By Tia on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

People who repeat your question back to you and just look at you :)

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 01:32 pm:

Here's another one for the books. People in customer service that don't know the meaning of the term. Grrrrrr!!
Or people that hear you talking but don't listen to a thing you say.

By French Princess on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 05:54 am:

Ok...old pet peeve but old stuff always becomes new again...for some odd reasons...my pet peeve is people that lie rite to your face about everything and anything..even if the truth hurts for god sake say the truth..thank you i am now climbing down from my soap box

By Cathy Brady on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 08:24 pm:

*L* Tia I can relate to that since I come from a large family. Been in that situation a time or two when I was younger.

Chris, I can understand Holly's comment quite well. I am outnumbered here 3 to 1 so the seat is almost ALWAYS up. And it is so annoying if you happen to find it up the hard way....in the dark, when you're half asleep. *LOL*

By Chris on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

Oh oh Tia you are in trouble then if your dad is around. Be prepared.

It is just me and a nine year old girl at home. She came to the living room the other day, put her hands on her hips and said: " Is so hard to just put the seat down." Sheesh, I may as well be still married.

By Letitia Porter-Bellhouse on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

Chris you should get a kick out of this...my dad liked to scare me, affection was being side checked into to wall if we were passing eachother. He would just stare at my friends and see what reaction he would get. What a guy lol. Cathy here's one for the pet peeve list, the "last" person who used the "last" piece of toilet paper doesn't put on a new roll..."Can somebody bring me a roll of toilet paper please" not good if your home alone....lol :0

By Chris on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 05:25 pm:

I just hate it when that happens.

By Cathy Brady on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 03:03 pm:

Oh...another pet peeve of mine. When you go to the grocery store and get only 3 or 4 items so you go in the express line. Then you find yourself behind someone that has got 20 or more items and feels it's "no big deal". Grrrrrr

By Chris on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 01:35 pm:

When children tell you they have seen a dead relative or they have an imaginary friend, they are often really seeing someone.

It is nothing to be frightened of. If you happen to see your father, just treat him as you would have when he was alive (provided you were nice to him then). LOL

By Letitia Porter-Bellhouse on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 05:35 am:

And yep, you have it right I go by Tia. Thanks for noticing.

By Letitia Porter-Bellhouse on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 05:34 am:

Hi Chris and Cathy, I do have children 14/9 but those little tinkers take my pencil crayons and markers. lol Not to mention tape, I think they eat that. ;) Sometimes the pen will be on my clip board I'll leave the room come back and poof.. Sometimes I think I'm loosing it. I've even yelled out to an "empty" house give me back my pens. I'll find caps seperated from the pens in different areas. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes downright annoying. My daughter used to tell me when we moved in here (we built the house) that her papa would visit her at night. She was 5 at the time she's 14 now she even told me when he stopped visiting her. I would tell her to tell him not to scare me and to give me some notice.

By Chris on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 04:41 am:

Hi Tia, If you live alone, it could be paranormal. If you live with children, it is quite normal.

By Cathy Brady on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 01:22 pm:

Hi Tia and welcome to the board. I can identify with your problem. I've had a similar problem, but mine is with pencils. I've got a cup full of them. Rather it WAS full of pencils. About half of them are gone and the boys say it wasn't them. So where'd they go? :)

By Tiabell on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 12:32 pm:

My pet peeve would have to be the fact that I have two empty boxes and somewhere in this house are 48 pens that can't be found. Never fails, within one week of buying a new box they disappear and no one has seen them.

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:08 pm:

hehehe Nah...you need a vacation girl!

By French Princess on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:15 pm:

**New pet peeve**
Everytime i do laundry it rains...Boy i need a break...

By French Princess on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 09:17 pm:

You know somedays i just have to wonder about the how thing..LOL....

By Cathy Brady on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 03:02 pm:

They just wanted to say they love you!! *L* Guess the feeling wasn't mutual?

By French Princess on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 02:14 pm:

Pet peeve...lol...Going out and waiting for a chance in a life time pic and some stuiped skunk has to just step in and ruin the moment....LOL..Drove all the way to Moonstone(3 hours) for some special hopefully ecto shots or better and no sooner had we gotten started and ewwwww Mr Skunk had to say hi...LOL>.
I am starting to take this wild animal thing(skunks,squirals) personally.lol..

By soldierpup on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 07:45 am:

When people use guestbooks or messageboards or e-mail to tell you that your fakes,that your pictures are even fakes.They seem to be the leading authority on the paranormal,when in fact they have never even been out on an investigation themselves.They have alot of opinions on the subject without any first hand experience.But they may say they have had a paranormal experience,and we are suppose to believe that,enough said!!!!!

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:37 am:

*LOL* The squirrels just want to try their hand at gardening too... Guess they figure if they take something they have to pay for it, hence the apple for the flower?! hehehehe

By French Princess on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:21 am:

Hummm pet peeve's. Where do i start. LOL..Making a beautiful flower garden and having squirals think they can rearange it, or take a flower and leave you and apple.

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:44 am:

My pet peeve would be people that have driveways but use the street instead. Soldierpup would know exactly what I am talking about since she has to deal with it too.

By soldierpup on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:37 am:

Not you Christopher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree with what you said 100%.

By Chris on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:24 am:

I judged you as a very sweet person soldierpup. I am sorry for being judgmental.

By soldierpup on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 06:53 am:

my pet peeve is someone who is judgemental.

By Chris on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 05:52 am:

My pet peeve is the use of a public board to forward a personal agenda. This is a private board. That means that in order to post an account has to be set up. Why do we let someone use that priviledge to badmouth this site and its members? Can we not set a rule that the first time is the last time and the priviledge to post is lost. It gets really tiring when someone comes on here just for the purpose of causing trouble.

We all get along. Can we not keep it that way?

By George Brady on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 07:27 pm:

I was surfing the web and came across this topic on another board.I thought this would be a good subject to bring up....:)

My pet peeve is when someone has a potty mouth and comes to our site to use as a toilet to flush their mouth.
I have always said the best place to go to the washroom is at home or your friends house.:)

So whats your pet peeve?