Mirrors as windows....

Hamilton Paranormal: Paranormal Chatter (Off Topic): Mirrors as windows....

By M. T. Rivers on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 10:30 am:

Wow! Chris..
..that's really interesting!! cool. i'm not at all surprised, and when you learn something like that..then think about feng shua (sp)...it's all about the energies etc. hmmmm
..without the technical experience, that is what i've thought about mirrors: it's like seeing things in our periphrial vision, same idea...it's really interesting to me, and i'm going to play with it when i can.
..thanks so much for sharing!!! very cool.
love, light and laughter!

By Chris on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 08:18 am:

I have found something on Mirrors in:"How to Hunt Ghosts" by Joshua Warren. " You should also note that a lot of spiritual activity takes place around mirrors--particularly in a room where two mirrors are facing each other. This may be because mirrors reflect electromagnetic energy. It's possible that, when two mirrors face, they create an infinite image--reflections withing reflections. The series of reflections resembles a tunnel composed of light, descending deep within the glass. Since both ghosts and light are essentially electromagnetic energy, facing mirrors might produce a kind of energy portal through which entities can travel. You might find you can influence ghostly activity by changing the orientation of mirrors. If a haunted room contains two mirrors facing each other, move one to a different angle, then note any change. You might even be able to terminate or enhance, a haunting by making such simple adjustments."

By Cathy Brady on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 09:11 am:

George laughs and tells everyone that I'm not afraid of anything. I wouldn't necessarily say that. But so far I have not been truly frightened by the paranormal. Startled at times, but never really scared. I suppose that's probably a good thing while out on investigations. :)

I think the most startling experience was while we were at the BGT one night in October of last year. I was walking out of the tunnel (alone) to check on some of our guests. I was carrying a very small flashlight so I could see where the boards were so I wouldn't trip and fall. In the outer radius of the beam I could see the dark shape of a man walking about 20 paces ahead of me along the left wall. I didn't think too much of it until I got to the end of the tunnel and there was no one there but me! *LOL*

By M. T. Rivers on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 07:17 am:

hiya..
..yes, i used to see images in this one mirror all the time, out of the corner of my eye...usually dark, hooded figures that scared the heck out of me!!(i was a single mom in a house alone for the first time!)..and this particular house in itself, was rampant with noises and unexplained occurances!! i had also done the ultimate thing: taken the basement for my bedroom!!
...i always HATED basements...but when i first saw this house, i knew i had to have the basement for a bedroom! to say the least...it did NOT relieve my fear of basements. heehee but i stuck it out.
..i have since realized (for me) what the hooded figures mean...i'd seen them often in my periphrial vision daily too...and it took the fear away and actually brought comfort!
..things are only scary when we don't understand them :)
love, light & laughter!

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:25 pm:

On one occassion I caught a fleeting glimpse of a person walking past a mirror on my wall from the corner of my eye, but there was nowhere for this person to go that I couldn't see when I turned around. Yet when I turned there was no one in the house.

Kind of startling to say the least. But I ended up shrugging it off as an over active imagination at the time and went back to what I was doing.

Years later, I've come to the conclusion that it wasn't my imagination at all. I've seen some rather strange and fascinating things that make me believe it was real after all.

By Chris on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:01 pm:

Sometimes, I believe, when we are trying too hard to focus our mind is clouded. When we are looking into a mirror we are thinking of other things and an occurance happens.

I have had some success with crystals, but not often. I have heard that some people use mirrors.

By M. T. Rivers on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:16 pm:

hiya all:
..thanks for you input...i have had the experience of seeing spirits cross mirrors..one mirror in particular that i no longer have..and have always wondered about it.
...maybe if we cannot see them directly...we can see them through using a mirror.
...it's something i definately want to check out.
love, light & laughter!

By Cathy Brady on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 08:43 pm:

I have heard of people using mirrors. Also crystal balls, candle flames, a bowl of water, a lake, and body of water that is fairly still. Just sit and stare at the surface until your eyes unfocus and see what develops. It is interesting.....

By George Brady on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 08:25 pm:

Hi M.T.

I never thought about the mirror before , You do bring up a interesting subject.
We will have to try this to see if it works for us, but what you have mentioned sound like a good idea for sure....:)

I hope that you get that mirror up soon and report back here as to what you had experinced if anything....

Looking forward to what other think of this.....

By M. T. Rivers on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 09:56 pm:

hiya!
..i have had a personal concept regarding mirrors and wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences and/or has tried this?
...i have often seen spirits in mirrors and have heard friends and other people talk about it. one particular friend that was experiences a great many things in her house..especially the bedroom which was originally a parlor (where the viewing of a member of the family who'd passed away was done)...and had closet doors that were all mirrored.
...i suggested that she leave a video recorder aimed at those mirrors if she was feeling cold spots etc. in the room...don't know if she ever did :(
...my theory is that mirrors act in a similar way as our periphrial vision, in that, it catches things that we cannot see when we look straight at it! maybe the fact that we are not focusing on the image is why we can poke through that particular vibrational level?
...hmmm...don't ask me to go into the mathematicalscienticness of it, heehee...nope, not gonna do it...but i think that because we all are made up of energies and vibrate on various levels that maybe their are some ways we can 'bend' that energy/vibration in order to peek...or allow them to come through??
..just a theory..i don't have a really good mirror to focus on (or a video camera)...but my boyfriend DID bring home an old mirror just recently and i will be installing it somewhere in the house eventually.
...maybe it will have some interesting visitors passing through...
love, light & laughter!