Ghostie Paintings make the grade!!!

Hamilton Paranormal: Paranormal Chatter (Off Topic): Ghostie Paintings make the grade!!!

By NovRaine on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 05:15 pm:

hiya Cathy:
...heehee...you did a good job! no need to blush, i really appreciated and thought it went so well with my painting.
..thanks again!
Cheers!

By Cathy Brady on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 03:25 pm:

Hiya NovRaine :)

I just popped in to take a peek and I have to tell you...I'm blushing from all the kind things you said about my poem. It's probably a good thing no one can see me right now or they'd think I was trying to steal Rudolph's job! hehehehe

By NovRaine on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:48 am:

hiya...Cathy!
...i finally got your poem up on my website with my painting! sheesh, ggl.
..thanks again.
Cheers!

By NovRaine on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 11:47 am:

Cathy:
...boy that was quick! i just took a break from writing and posted. heehee
...yes, i do sell :)...before moving here i did a lot of commission work for clients (mostly portraits)...but am just beginning to establish myself in this area, as i'd been not painting for a few years.
...you can always peek at my website if you'd like...i'll email it (mostly because of the difficult time i've been having lately!)
Cheers!

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 11:44 am:

Although I have heard of that place, it wasn't the same one. :( But, it does sound terribly interesting.
(Sheesh...my spelling today really bites. I have to keep retracing my steps and proofreading. hehehe)
I'd love to see a pic of your paintings. They sound fascinating. Just out of curiousity, do you ever sell your paintings? :)

By NovRaine on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 11:32 am:

hiya Cathy:
..no, my pics are probably developed, but i haven't picked them up yet! heehee...this weekend! and thanks :)
...the place was Oxford Regional Center (that's the last name that it was under) it was also the: Woodstock Mental Hospital, Woodstock Epileptic Hospital and Ontario Hospital, Woodstock.
..let me know if it's the one you were thinking of!!
Cheers.

By Cathy Brady on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 09:13 am:

Wow NovRaine!! That's very interesting!!! And congratulations on your paintings doing so well. I'd love to see them. Do you have pictures of them that you could share? If it is the place I think it is, we've had our own experiences there. I'd be fascinated to find out if it is the same place. :)

(I moved the thread out to the main floor so I apologize for any confusion on the board.)

By NovRaine on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 07:04 am:

hiya:
...just thought i'd share something cool....since we all are about learning and sharing the paranormal!
...i entered four of my paintings in the local fair this year and they were all based on a local mental hospital (the remains of/ruins) where my maternal grandmother passed away in '55.
...i had found out a couple years after i moved to this area that it was close (my mom and her family had never known where her mom had been kept and i'd never known my grandmother)...i was surprised!
...then in april, i found out that parts of it were still standing!! joy joy!
...a friend and i went out, walked the grounds for hours and took photo's! there was one building in particular that kept drawing me, so we checked that out last...but as we walked around, i kept hearing crunching of grass/ground behind me...kept stopping and turning around...then finally my friend asked what was wrong...and i explained that we had a whole group of spirits following us. i could feel them lined up behind us.
...i had already decided to paint this place in honor of my grandmother and all those who had passed through this place, because i felt they shouldn't be forgotten, so my friend explained that i was getting a confirmation: they are letting you know that you are the one to do this!
...much more happened later that day and next afternoon that confirmed all of this...too long to write, heehee.
...but: i painted the four pieces and put ghosts in them, not knowing how people would react!!...well...they loved them and all four won places: three firsts and one second! heehee...wow...a creepy, ghostie paintings. i was a bit surprised...but sooooo glad!!
..so...if anyone asks if i have a ghost pic...um...yes, four very clear ones! heehee (just joking!!!!! don't anybody jump on me :) )
Cheers!